Friday, November 20, 2009

Law of attraction and affirmations

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
-Wayne Dyer

Most people go about their days in an semi-conscious state. Not fully paying attention to what their minds are telling them all day long. There is scienctific evidence that 90% of our thoughts are exactly the same thoughts you had yesterday. Just what are we telling ourselves? What is the non-stop regurgitated chatter going on in there, and is it helping or is it harming our days? Thoughts like "There's never enough time..." "I'm always so tired"..."There's nothing to do..." "I'm so stressed out..." "I wonder if I said that wrong?..." "I'm broke..." All of these sound like excuses...excuses that hold us back from living a full and rich life.
If you read the book or saw the movie "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne than you'd know that through the law of attraction thoughts become things and what you focus on will be what you attract more of into your life. The very concept of this blog is based on this fact...if I focus on joy, I will attract more joy. If I focus on beauty, then beauty will expand in my life. Long before "The Secret" I read Wayne W. Dyer's book "The Power of Intention" and it helped me see things in a different way. I realized that I was in control of how my life ended up by setting my intentions for attracting abundance, peace, love and success. A little while ago Dr. W.W.D. was talking about his book "Excuses be Gone" on a PBS special (which I recorded) and I sat down with my pen (actually my favourite crayola markers) and took note of some affirmations that he suggests will replace all the useless counterproductive "excuses" we give ourselves to hold us back from living the life we were meant to. I also created a few of my own. Here is a list I've compiled to inspire others to change their thoughts and in turn change their lives:
*My life is handled with ease and grace
*I am strong and have unlimited energy
*I am open and willing to attract all that I desire beginning here and now
*I can accomplish anything I put my mind to
*Being myself involves no risks. Its my ultimate truth and I live fearlessly
*I have infinite patience (good one for mommies)
*I'd rather be loathed for who I am than loved for who I am not (I like this one alot)
*I am connected to an unlimited source of abundance
*The right circumstances and the right people are already here and will show up on time
*I am passionate about my life and this passion fills me with excitement and energy



Here are a few of my favourite books by Dr.Wayne W. Dyer:

No comments:

Post a Comment