Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Feeling Inspired by...Kate Spade

On a rare occasion during one of my Homesense/Winners shopping excursions I come across something made by Kate Spade. Kate Spade is the co-founder and namesake of the designer brand Kate Spade New York. Spade majored in journalism while working in a biker bar. She eventually became a fashion editor and head of accessories for "Mademoiselle" magazine. Disappointed by the lack of fashionable purses, Spade was determined to design her own using fabrics and shapes she found browsing through flea markets. Eventually "Kate Spade" grew into an empire which Liz Claiborne bought for more than $130 million. Personally, I love that her stuff always has a touch of wit and whimsy with bright colours like her signature green or polka dots...have I mentioned I LOVE polkadots. I have yet to not have my heart skip a beat when I look at her designs. From handbags to housewares I am enamored with everything that is Kate Spade. http://www.katespade.com/ Here are a few examples of Kate's designs that bring me so much joy!






































Love it!









No comments:

Post a Comment