Thursday, November 11, 2010

Personal Mission Statement

"The Key to the ability to change is a changeless sense of who you are, what you are about, and what you value."
Stephen R. Covey


As I come to realize how much order correlates to sanity and peace in my life, I reached for a book that's been on my shelf for a while but haven't paid much attention to. You've probably seen it, or maybe you have it on your shelf. The book is, The 7 habits of highly effective people. I recommend this book, when you are ready to take action with organizing your life. The book is framed in a way that you can apply it's strategies to your work, your home, your partnership and yourself of course.

The first thing I began to take action upon was creating a personal mission statement. Which Covey describes as basically the vision and the values by which you live your life. A personal mission statement gives you direction and helps you through decisions. As you look at your mission statement you will be able set your goals and based on your principles, focus your time and energy in that direction. As I see it, this can also be used in a similar way to the law of attraction in which you begin to attract what you focus upon. It helps to create this mission statement so you can get a clear vision as to what it is you want to attract into your life.

I have started my personal mission statement that I am still tweaking, so here's what I've got so far:

I am creating beauty around me
I am inspiring
I am living my life proactively and passionately
I am giving to and connecting with people wherever I am
I am using love as a verb in my life
I am living simply
I am laughing freely
I am visualizing and attracting unlimited abundance
I am remembering always that anything is possible
I am open to learn something new everyday
I am evolving and continually focusing on being the best version of me
I am sharing what the best version of me has to offer to the world.


So that's what I have so far. I will print it out once I'm completely happy with it and frame it on my dresser! And the journey continues....

No comments:

Post a Comment