Friday, March 25, 2011

Life is Simple




"Life is not complex. We are complex. Life is simple,and the simple thing is the right thing." -Oscar Wilde


I'm not perfect and I definitely won't claim to be an expert in the simplicity movement but I try, and each year that goes by I acquire a few new tools under my belt. I struggle sometimes, and some days life seems like it's got me by the reigns instead of vice versa. When I stumbled upon the above quote I was inspired. Life is simple, we make it more complicated. It's the whole reason I started this blog in the first place.

Here are just a handful of things that I practice daily in an effort to live a more simple life, I hope it will inspire you to do the same.



*Practice gratitude for each big and little thing you are blessed with.



*Take time to arrange some flowers or flip through a favourite book, be in the moment.


*Some days are not as good as others, but hang on and remember all will be well, bad days will pass. Be gentle with yourself.


*Happiness can be a learned habit just like anything else, practice it or if you have to, fake it till you make it.


*Whatever you focus on you attract, thoughts become things, simple as that.


*Rituals of simple self care can be restoring, I take time to sip a cup of tea each afternoon while I watch a favourite show. Even a simple 15 min habit can restore your soul.


*Surround yourself in beauty, discover what you love. What calls to you?


*Continuously seek balance, revaluate what works in your life and what doesn't. Let things go.


*Forgive.


*Love freely and Love deeply.


*Delight in all that your senses have to offer.

Have a simple day,

No comments:

Post a Comment