Wednesday, May 18, 2011

All I really need to know I learned on the Oprah Show



I've been a loyal and loving fan of the Oprah show since I was old enough to remember. I remember growing up mom had a tv in the kitchen specifically so she wouldn't miss Oprah during dinner prep time at 4:00 p.m. Even in my young teens, Mom and I would chat over our own "light bulb" moments and jot down books that we wanted to buy after seeing something inspiring on the show. In fact, the namesake of this very blog is a happenstance of watching an episode of Oprah that first introduced me to Sarah Ban Breathnach's book Simple Abundance. It was through Oprah that I was first introduced to spiritual teachers like Eckhart Tolle, Maya Angelou and learned about the "Secret." Which then sparked my interest to learn more and I then discovered Deepak Chopra and Dr. Wayne Dyer. My soul was inspired.



Some of the greatest lessons and pieces of wisdom I have learned from watching the Oprah Show. Criticize her if you must, but from Oprah I personally take nothing but positive. I am grateful to the show for introducing me to people and topics that ultimately helped to shape the spiritual side of myself. As the Oprah show winds down her final season with only 6 shows left, whether you are a fan or not, I found this video on her website that I wanted to share about her secret to success. A great inspiring message!
http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Oprahs-Secret-To-Success-Video/topic/oprahshow



Farewell and Thanks Oprah,

No comments:

Post a Comment