Sunday, January 8, 2012

My weight loss journey: Days 4-6

I really wish I had more time in my day to blog because there have been moments in the past few days I would have loved to post, but with 3 kids I have to set my alarm and get up at 6 am before everyone just to sneak some quiet time.
I've had tons of support from everyone and tons of people wanting to join me! Hooray for health! My mom and friends A and M have their juicers fired up this week too! Its nice to have people to talk to who understand and can share tips with. I called my friend M the other day just to say, I'm miserable and starving and I hate it. She gave me lots of encouragement and then we moved on. I am now down 8 pounds and feel so great for that. My daughter R looked at me yesterday and exclaimed "Mommy! your big belly is gone!" and was tugging at my shirt wondering what happened!


For those who are thinking about doing a reboot cleanse, here's what I've got to share now that I'm a day 6 veteran.
1. Days 3 and 4 are brutal, they are major detox days. I was craving sugar and sniffing pieces of pizza. I was hanging on by a thread and I wasn't sure if I was going to continue. I felt like I lost my best friend. Once I got to day 5 I had made peace with my new life. My new life allowed me to be down 8 pounds!


2. Drink lots of water. I keep forgetting to do that and it's important. Green tea and juice are not substitutes for all the water you should be drinking.


3. Experiment with new recipes. Yes, it's easier to just wolf down the same juice or salad but it gets mundane and you'll be more likely to bail on the program. Last night I made a strictly vegan butternut squash soup seasoned with curry and coriander and it was delicious, hubby A loved it too! I didn't feel like I was restricted at all.

4. Rally support. Join the community boards on the reboot website. Vent to a supportive friend. Blog. You wont feel alone and you will also feel accountable for your actions. Before I started I sat down with hubby A and said "i need your support to get through this, I may be cranky but it won't be forever, but i need your support." He has been the most supportive partner I could ever ask for! He made me some juice yesterday and spent half of his gift card for christmas buying me special glass cups with sealed lids for storing and sipping my juice, also great for make my salad dressing! (He got them at winners if you are wondering) Love him :)


5. I read this on a facebook page for reboot and I loved it, the girl posts on her wall "I ate a banana :(" Like she just broke the law. This man posts a reply "This is not a contest...this is a lifestyle change. You have not sinned my dear." This is not a contest. If you slip and have a coffee or a glass of wine, or like me, 3 organic baked cheesies. oh well, move on with the next day. This is a lifestyle change. You are learning new habits and getting rid of all the crap that led you to your initial problem.


Here's one of my fav juice recipes so far:


Sunset Blend Juice



1 large Sweet Potato



1 medium Carrot



1 Red Bell Pepper



2 large Red Beets



2 Golden Delicious Apples



1 Orange ( I added an extra one, it helps to cut the beet and sweet potatoes strength)
Calories: 436Protein: 9 gFiber: 2 g





Good Luck to you all on your own journeys, and I will keep you posted on mine.




Tammy


No comments:

Post a Comment