Monday, June 4, 2012

Mommy Meditation

I've been trying to meditate daily with the help of some awesome free podcasts and audiobooks I have found on my iPad. Finding that stillness within is a precious gift in each of my days and I look forward to going "there.". How does a mommy have 3 have time to meditate? I fit it in somewhere...even 10 mins of a quiet meeting with my true self can be enough. I have learned now that my third child is 10 months old that self care is not a luxury, it's crucial. While baby naps and the kids are resting quietly I put on my headphones and I am guided to breathe deeply and it feels good to just take the time to be conscious of my own breath. To simply quiet the "shoulda" "coulda" "woulda" chitter chatter just for a moment. I feel more at ease and I will eventually grow and learn more techniques but for now I will be still and be aware and for now that's enough....Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment